Details & Highlights
Why settle for vinyl speakers when you can have the warmth and beauty of real wood at the same price, with speakers from the new RTi A Series. They incorporate our latest Dynamic Balance Cone drivers and 1-inch tweeters, with an asymmetric cabinet design that's as beautiful for the way it controls resonance and increases cabinet rigidty as for the way it lends an elegant touch to any decor. The result is classic Polk performance in a design that speaks to today's high-end home décor. True performance art.
Details from Polk Audio
- 1-inch Silk/Polymer Dome Tweeter delivers smooth response and better detail.
- PowerPort(R) bass venting for superior clean, low distortion bass that you can really feel.PowerPort vastly reduces chuffing or port noise and provides deeper, more powerful, lower distortion bass than could be realized with conventional ported or sealed designs of comparable size.
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement near video sources.
- Mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Neodymium magnet, low-viscosity ferro-fluid cooling, and a heat sink on the back of the magnet, create better power handling and reliability.
- Dual, bi-ampable gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications.
- Butyl rubber surrounds for high performance durability
- Acoustically inert stamped driver baskets.
- Floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- All-MDF construction with massive asymmetric cabinet bracing ensures resonance-free enclosures for accurate sound. (Cutaway view of RTiA9 shown right, bracing is similar on other RTi models)
- Adjustable leveling feet in an outrigger base to provide stability on any type of flooring.
- Real Wood finishes at vinyl prices.
The RTi A5 features the latest generation of Dynamic Balance(R) polymer composite drivers for smooth wide-range response with low distortion. The RTi A5 uses two long-throw mid-woofers combined with PowerPort to deliver deep, high-impact bass with speed and accuracy.
All-MDF construction and asymmetric cabinet design
Cabinet resonance can ruin the sound of an otherwise well-designed speaker. You don`t want to hear your speaker cabinets humming along with the music, you want to hear the uncolored sound launched by the drivers and tweeters. We take special pains to make sure that Polk speaker cabinets are resonance-free. Our new RTi A Series loudspeakers employ an asymmetric design composed of a six-layer laminate, the process for which was specifically developed for Polk, and which controls resonance and increases cabinet rigidty.
Features & Specs
Included Coverage from Polk Audio: 5 Years Parts / 5 Years Labor
Category ID: 58 | $399.95